MAX
Poor little Max... Our little boy is having an eye infection (pink eye). We first noticed it yesterday afternoon. His right eye looked red and watery. It was very sudden. I did not see a single sign of this coming. He was normal one second and red the other.
He kept touching his eye and looked very uncomfortable. I called a nurse and she was very helpful. She told me to take him to the ER if things did not change. She thought that perhaps he scratched his cornea. Later in the afternoon Max looked fine. He was happy and more himself again.
Until I took him to Walmart. His eye started itching again and he started crying. Poor thing. We decided a bit before eight to take him to the ER. Fortunately we did not have to wait long. The doctor told us that it was pink eye. One of the first things he asked was if Max was in daycare. Pink eye is often spread via bacteria. I think I know how he got it. A few days ago I took him to the play area at the mall. It was pretty packed with kids at one point.
We got a prescription and went to the pharmacy last night. I am so glad that some stay open late! We gave Max some eye drops and he fell asleep not long thereafter. He slept until eight this morning and seems better. His eye is still red though. It will probably take a few days before he gets better again. I am calling Dr Milligan today to make a follow-up appointment.
Poor little Max... Our little boy is having an eye infection (pink eye). We first noticed it yesterday afternoon. His right eye looked red and watery. It was very sudden. I did not see a single sign of this coming. He was normal one second and red the other.
He kept touching his eye and looked very uncomfortable. I called a nurse and she was very helpful. She told me to take him to the ER if things did not change. She thought that perhaps he scratched his cornea. Later in the afternoon Max looked fine. He was happy and more himself again.
Until I took him to Walmart. His eye started itching again and he started crying. Poor thing. We decided a bit before eight to take him to the ER. Fortunately we did not have to wait long. The doctor told us that it was pink eye. One of the first things he asked was if Max was in daycare. Pink eye is often spread via bacteria. I think I know how he got it. A few days ago I took him to the play area at the mall. It was pretty packed with kids at one point.
We got a prescription and went to the pharmacy last night. I am so glad that some stay open late! We gave Max some eye drops and he fell asleep not long thereafter. He slept until eight this morning and seems better. His eye is still red though. It will probably take a few days before he gets better again. I am calling Dr Milligan today to make a follow-up appointment.

4 Comments:
At 10:56 PM ,
Malin said...
Stackars lille Max. Hoppas att han blir bra snart. Jonathan saknar honom!
At 11:39 PM ,
Serena said...
Poor Max! I hope it doesn't spread to both eyes, as it often can and that he only has a mild case. It's hard for little ones to understand that they should try not to touch their eyes because it's very contagious. I hope he's better soon! He and Jonathan have a rough week between the two of them, haven't they?
Brenna had pink-eye a couple of times really bad when she was little to the point where her eyes were almost swollen shut and she was miserable. She wouldn't cooperate with eye drops, but she let me put ointment in her lower lid and that helped. Plus she ended up with an ear infection at the same time so the antibiotics cleared it all up.
At 10:18 AM ,
Anonymous said...
I think Max is having a mild case of pinkeye. His eye looked a lot better as soon as we gave him the eyedrops (not an easy task...) I know what you mean about little ones not understanding that they should not touch their eyes...
At 12:58 PM ,
Serena said...
Glad he's doing better. :) I know just what you mean about it not being easy with the eye drops; that's why we ended up having to do the prescription ointment for Brenna instead. I was literally straddling her and trying to pin her arms down and hold her head still to get the eye drops in (she was a figher!) and most of the drops were going down her face. I told the doctor I couldn't put us through this so he gave us the ointment and she didn't mind that at all! Much better! :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home