NEW KIDS RE-UNION
I read on Malin's blog that The New Kids On The Block (also known as NKOTB...) may be re-united. I think that would be so fun. We were HUGE fans of the group. We were even members of the American fan-club. We contacted the club and asked if it was possible to become members even though we did not live in the US. Nothing can explain the happiness we felt when we received our first package in the mail...
Anyway... We we loved the group and were not ashamed to admit it. Unlike some other people in high school ( I refer to them as 'closet' fans of NKOTB). Malin and I watched our New Kids tape (taped from TV) OVER AND OVER. We had so much fun.
When Malin and I turned 20 (or 40 depending how you look at it) I wrote in to a late night radio show (with a request) and dedicated a song for Malin (with New Kids On The Block). They had come out with a new album that year (1994) and we were very excited. I sat up all night waiting to hear if my letter would be read on the air. Somewhere between 11 and 12 the host of the show read my letter our loud. I have everything on a tape back home in Sweden. =) It was so fun. The group was a big part of our younger years. And there will always be room in my heart for Jordan, Jonathan, Joey, Danny and Donnie. =)
I read on Malin's blog that The New Kids On The Block (also known as NKOTB...) may be re-united. I think that would be so fun. We were HUGE fans of the group. We were even members of the American fan-club. We contacted the club and asked if it was possible to become members even though we did not live in the US. Nothing can explain the happiness we felt when we received our first package in the mail...
Anyway... We we loved the group and were not ashamed to admit it. Unlike some other people in high school ( I refer to them as 'closet' fans of NKOTB). Malin and I watched our New Kids tape (taped from TV) OVER AND OVER. We had so much fun.
When Malin and I turned 20 (or 40 depending how you look at it) I wrote in to a late night radio show (with a request) and dedicated a song for Malin (with New Kids On The Block). They had come out with a new album that year (1994) and we were very excited. I sat up all night waiting to hear if my letter would be read on the air. Somewhere between 11 and 12 the host of the show read my letter our loud. I have everything on a tape back home in Sweden. =) It was so fun. The group was a big part of our younger years. And there will always be room in my heart for Jordan, Jonathan, Joey, Danny and Donnie. =)

2 Comments:
At 8:54 PM ,
Anonymous said...
Marie, thanks so much for that dedication.I will always remember it. I was going through a 20-year-old crisis then and thought I was getting so old. It helped!
At 10:38 PM ,
Serena said...
That was very a sweet memory -- thanks for sharing! I remember being slightly wistful when I turned 20, but I would love to be 20-something again, especially because I'm very rapidly heading towards 50!! (48 in May -- it doesn't seem possible...). : )
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home