SwedeThing

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog! I live far away from some of you (I miss you!) and it can be difficult to stay in touch at times. This blog is my attempt to keep you up-to-date with my life here in Oklahoma.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

KANSAS
We had a great time in Kansas (although it rained A LOT on the day of the fair). I woke up early in the morning to the sound of rain, thunder and lightning (which I usually do not mind). Of all the days in September, why did it have to rain on the day of the fair? Anyway, rain did not stop us from going! Max was safe in his stroller and did not seem to mind the rain at all. I actually think he kind of likes it. He kept saying 'atten' ('vatten' is Swedish for water). We went back to the house when the rain started to pour down and went back to the fair at 3 (when the rain had stopped). I love going to these things.

Karl and Ben decided to come along so there was 11 people under one roof. Not as 'bad' as I thought it would be. We usually sleep in one of the 3 bedrooms on the first floor. I call it the 'Germany room' since there is A LOT from Germany in that room. Last weekend was no exception. But instead of putting Max in another bedroom he stayed with us. It was SUPER quiet at night and I knew he would wake up at some point. He usually sleeps with a 'fan' on (an air filter plugged into the wall). Chris and Karl (plus baby Daniel) stayed in the room next to our room. The whole time I was afraid that Max would wake the baby up. Max woke up at 3:30 and was not able to go back to sleep. He was still awake at 4:30.

Carson and I looked at each other and both went 'Let's go'. We went outside to the car and drove around Hillsboro with Max in his seat. He fell asleep almost right away. He woke up again when inside but we put him between us in the bed and he fell asleep right away. He slept until 8:30! Max usually sleeps well at night. The following night Connie arranged so that Max could sleep in his own room (and Ben stayed in the living room). That was GREAT! We aslo put a fan in there so it would not be so quite. That helped A LOT.

It was nice seeing everyone again. The kids had grown A LOT! I realized that Sarah (now 10 years old) is a lot like Carson and I. Ben and Suzy not so much. Sarah especially helped out with Max and he loved her. She was great with him. We came home on Sunday afternoon at about 3:30. We had a wonderful time in Kansas but it is always good to be back home. Home sweet home!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:45 PM , Blogger Jacque said...

    Hi Marie! I sleep with a fan on too. I stopped for awhile, but I kept waking up in the middle of the night when I would hear noises. I still wake up, but not as much.

     
  • At 2:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    When it's hot, but not enough to have the A/C on, we sleep with the fan in the window and it masks the noises of the birds singing at 4:30 a.m. and I do find it soothing, plus I sleep with earplugs!

    Sounded like even though you had rain and had to work around unaccustomed sleeping arrangements, you had a good trip. I agree, though, it's always nice to get back home again, as there's nothing like your own bed. : )

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home