LAST WEEKEND
OK! I am still alive and well! I simply have not been posting anything on my blog in a while. You know how it is! You all know about last weekend and 'Family Day'. We had a great time with the boys and I was finally able to fly on a C-130. I signed my name on the list one hour prior to take-off. I think there were about 25 spouses on the flight (including two men). It was a great experience! Carson was so happy that I was finally able to fly on the plane. Those planes mean so much to him and I know it is sad for him to see them go. Guess what? I was even up on the flight deck! With the pilots and the navigator! I felt so small up there. The view from the flight deck was incredible. The pilots were both handsome although I prefered the navigator... I stood up quite a bit and looked out of the windows. It was great. We flew down to Texas. I really do not know exactly how far but I know we flew over Lake Texoma. We flew kind of low at times too which was fun.
OK! I am still alive and well! I simply have not been posting anything on my blog in a while. You know how it is! You all know about last weekend and 'Family Day'. We had a great time with the boys and I was finally able to fly on a C-130. I signed my name on the list one hour prior to take-off. I think there were about 25 spouses on the flight (including two men). It was a great experience! Carson was so happy that I was finally able to fly on the plane. Those planes mean so much to him and I know it is sad for him to see them go. Guess what? I was even up on the flight deck! With the pilots and the navigator! I felt so small up there. The view from the flight deck was incredible. The pilots were both handsome although I prefered the navigator... I stood up quite a bit and looked out of the windows. It was great. We flew down to Texas. I really do not know exactly how far but I know we flew over Lake Texoma. We flew kind of low at times too which was fun.

5 Comments:
At 2:33 PM ,
Anonymous said...
Sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed your plane ride! My stomach would have been doing loop-the-loops, as I'm not a good flyer at all! Glad you enjoyed yourself and what a treat for you to get to go up by the pilots. :)
At 4:54 PM ,
Anonymous said...
Yes, that was a treat! When was the last time you flew, Serena?
At 8:53 PM ,
Anonymous said...
It was nine years ago just this summer when Griffin was 2-1/2 and Brenna was 7 and we flew to Calgary. We had to take 3 planes on the way there and almost missed our connecting flight in San Diego -- not fun when you're flying alone with no one to help you with the kids, the giant heavy carry-on bag and the carseat!!! Plus being phobic about flying on top of it didn't help.: )
At 4:18 PM ,
Anonymous said...
I hear that there are some very attractive pilots over there at Tinker...
At 10:47 AM ,
Anonymous said...
Yes... Actually, the Family Day was up at the Air National Guard Base (by Will Rogers Airport) but yes... there are some very attractive pilots there... One of them is Scott (C's friend). Oh my Lord...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home