SwedeThing

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog! I live far away from some of you (I miss you!) and it can be difficult to stay in touch at times. This blog is my attempt to keep you up-to-date with my life here in Oklahoma.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

SECADA
Here are some photos of a secada that we saw in our willow tree! It was SO loud! Carson took these:


FYI: Back in the fall of 1995 Malin and I thought we heard rattle snakes in the trees. We were afraid to walk under them. We thought they would fall down... Then someone informed us that what we heard were secadas...
P.S. Attaching a photo of Jon Secada... Remember 'Just Another Day'? ('Otro Dia Mas Sin Verte' in Spanish.)

3 Comments:

  • At 7:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I've never actually seen one except in like in the pictures on your blog or on TV, but I sure know what they sound like! We used to call them "heat bugs" when we were kids because during the summer is when you would hear them. I'm assuming they are not native to Sweden, which is why you didn't know what they were at first?

     
  • At 9:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Not native at all. I had no idea what they were! =)

     
  • At 9:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love John Secada!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home