SwedeThing

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog! I live far away from some of you (I miss you!) and it can be difficult to stay in touch at times. This blog is my attempt to keep you up-to-date with my life here in Oklahoma.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

WHOOPI!!!
I was watching 'The View' today (not really watching but I had the show on) and the women announced that Whoopi Goldberg is the new co-host. I like her! Most of all I am happy that Rosie left the show. I cannot believe how much my opinion of her changed. I stopped watching the show sometime last fall and when I heard of all the drama she was behind I definitely did not want to watch. It was terrible. I liked her a lot when she had her own show but now I cannot stand that woman. By the way, did you know that Whoopi's real name is Caryn Elaine Johnson?

8 Comments:

  • At 12:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Good pick!

     
  • At 4:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I agree! I've always loved Whoopi Goldberg the same way I've always loved Ellen DeGeneres. There was a really old sitcom on Lifetime in the early 90's and I forget the name of it, but Ellen was in it and it was the first time I ever saw her in anything. She was really funny then too. I'll have to Google to find out the name of the show.

     
  • At 4:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    PS - No, I didn't know that was her real name. I didn't really think it was Whoopi, but I wasn't sure what it was. : )

     
  • At 9:06 PM , Blogger Jacque said...

    The Ellen show in the 90's started out as, "These Friends of Mine" then in the 2nd season, they changed it to "Ellen". I loved that show, but when she came out, it was all about gay and it wasn't the same anymore.

     
  • At 9:08 PM , Blogger Jacque said...

    Oh - and by the way, I think that's where Jeremy Piven got his start. He was on the Ellen show.

     
  • At 8:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I remember when her show first came on and it was called "These Friends of Mine" and Ayre Gross was in it. Then they changed it to just "Ellen" and Jeremy Piven was in it. I was talking about a very nondescript show that was already in syndication on the Lifetime channel because it was on every day, but I can't remember the name of it. I'll have to do some hunting because it's driving me nuts. It's before anyone even had any idea who Ellen DeGeneres was. ; )

     
  • At 11:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Serena! Does 'Laurie Hill' sound familiar? It was a 'dramedy' on TV in 1992 (from the creators of 'Wonder Years'). The title character was a wife, mother and doctor juggling the responsibilities of all three roles. The show aired for only a month. It sounds like the kind of show you may find on Lifetime.

     
  • At 11:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I did some research on line yesterday and the show I was trying to remember was called "Duet", which aired in 88-89 and was originally on Fox, but Lifetime aired the episodes in the early 90's. In the piece I read, it did mention "Laurie Hill" though, which I had never heard of. It doesn't matter what show Ellen is in because she's so funny!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home