SwedeThing

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog! I live far away from some of you (I miss you!) and it can be difficult to stay in touch at times. This blog is my attempt to keep you up-to-date with my life here in Oklahoma.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

POPULAR TO WALK IN THE EVENING
It must be popular to walk in the evening. Yesterday I saw about 10-15 people walking by our house. Roughly at the same time. 8:45-ish. People with dogs and people with young children. It is nice seeing families out together. It reminds me of being younger. Mom and dad often spent time with us outside. They often rode their bikes with Malin and me in the back. It was usually more fun to sit on dad's bike because his bike (a s0-called DBS bike) 'rolled' better than mom's bike. It was faster. I remember Malin and me 'fighting' over who should sit on his bike. However, it was fun to sit on mom's bike too, of course!

6 Comments:

  • At 5:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm feeling a pang of guilt now because I haven't been walking like I was...

     
  • At 7:06 PM , Blogger Jacque said...

    You know what!? I think I'm going to go for a walk tonight. Thanks Marie!

    I heard that OU is considering implementing a university walking program. How cool would that be?

     
  • At 8:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    About Dad's bike; it was the coolest and it was red. All the bikes I have had have been red. The tricycle that I got from my grandpa, the other two bikes plus the big girl's bike I had. If I ever get a bike, it will have to be red or I won't buy it. Why break the tradition now? Even "Parlan" (the Pearl), the moped we got at 15, was red and beautiful.

     
  • At 9:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    And now you have a red car!

     
  • At 11:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Best of all, the bike (dad's) is in the garage still. Still going strong!

     
  • At 1:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    My first trike was red too! I love red....

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home