SwedeThing

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog! I live far away from some of you (I miss you!) and it can be difficult to stay in touch at times. This blog is my attempt to keep you up-to-date with my life here in Oklahoma.

Monday, July 30, 2007

You may have read Malin's blog already... Swedish filmmaker Ingmar Bergman has died at the age of 89. I cannot say that I have ever watched his movies (seem dark and gloomy) but I feel a sense of sadness. I think this is a loss for Sweden. I think many people feel the way I do. We may not know much about his work but in a way he has been 'part of us growing up'. People know of him. If you ask people in the movie industry they praise his work. So in a way his death is a loss internationally as well. I have been reading a bit about him today. His movies seem very serious. But apparently they also have flashes of unexpected humor! And striking images too. According to friend Woody Allen, Ingmar Bergman was "probably the greatest film artist, all things considered, since the invention of the motion picture camera."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home