SwedeThing

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog! I live far away from some of you (I miss you!) and it can be difficult to stay in touch at times. This blog is my attempt to keep you up-to-date with my life here in Oklahoma.

Monday, July 16, 2007

Yesterday I made a table cloth for our new table. I am afraid the cats will scratch the table... I love our sewing machine! The fabricI used is a Swedish fabric that my mom and dad sent to me about a year and a half ago. I really like it. I think my dad picked it out. I had some of the fabric left over from a previous project. It is interesting how things change when you have children. I now have to plan when to finish a project. The smallest task becomes a HUGE accomplishment. So I made the table cloth when Max took a nap yesterday. I also cut fabric for the chairs. The old fabric was not bad at all (Chris picked it out) but I thought it would be nice with a fabric that Carson and I both like. To make them extra special. This morning I put new fabric on three chairs. I have two more to finish but I do not think I will actually have all of them out. I think we will have three chairs plus Max's high chair.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:08 AM , Blogger Serena said...

    I'm impressed that you can be that productive when you have a little one to look after! : )

     
  • At 8:25 AM , Blogger Marie Wiens said...

    Oh thank you! I do my best! I work kind of fast... People often say you should relax (or sleep) when your baby naps... Right! How would I ever get anything done? Even emptying the dishwasher can be hard if I have Max close by. He wants to touch things (including the forks, knives etc.) Getting things done can be difficult.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home