OK!
The table is beautiful! I really had no idea what it looked like until the other day. The table came with five beautiful chairs (one broke some time ago). I will put new fabric on the seats myself (I went to Hobby Lobby today and bought the fabric already). Not only did we get a table and five chairs. We also got a buffet in the same series! The furniture is solid walnut and was made in 1961. Carson's grandparents (Marie and Peter) bought it back then and took very good care of it. I feel it is an honor to have the furniture in our home and we will take very good care of it. I can only imagine how expensive it would be to buy this furniture today. We would never be able to spend that kind of money on furniture. That is why it is extra special to have it in our home. And the fact that it has been in the family since 1961 makes everything even more special. I promise to post photos of it as soon as I can.
The table is beautiful! I really had no idea what it looked like until the other day. The table came with five beautiful chairs (one broke some time ago). I will put new fabric on the seats myself (I went to Hobby Lobby today and bought the fabric already). Not only did we get a table and five chairs. We also got a buffet in the same series! The furniture is solid walnut and was made in 1961. Carson's grandparents (Marie and Peter) bought it back then and took very good care of it. I feel it is an honor to have the furniture in our home and we will take very good care of it. I can only imagine how expensive it would be to buy this furniture today. We would never be able to spend that kind of money on furniture. That is why it is extra special to have it in our home. And the fact that it has been in the family since 1961 makes everything even more special. I promise to post photos of it as soon as I can.

1 Comments:
At 7:51 PM ,
Serena said...
They sound like wonderful pieces of furniture with a lot of both quality and sentimental value. When Scott's mom passed away we got her dining room table and chairs, a small wood coffee table and an end table that has magazine rack on the side and one side lifts up for storage. With the exception of the dining room chairs which were newer all the other pieces were around when Scott was little so they meant a lot to him. They are a nice reminder of his mom too. Enjoy your heirlooms and I look forward to seeing a photo of them! : )
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home