SwedeThing

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog! I live far away from some of you (I miss you!) and it can be difficult to stay in touch at times. This blog is my attempt to keep you up-to-date with my life here in Oklahoma.

Friday, September 12, 2008

TGIF
How wonderful! The weekend is here! Carson is working this weekend but I have plenty of things to do in his absence. I have to touch up with paint in a few places (walls with white nail hole filler is not very attractive), paint our 'German closet' (actually bought in Poland by Curt and Connie when they lived in Germany) and do some work in the backyard (if the weather permits).

I actually look forward to being productive (or at least making an attempt to be). =) Since mom and grandma are arriving on Tuesday evening I want things to look a certain way. Yesterday I cleaned the bathroom by our bedroom. I had bought new bath- and handtowels at Kohl's and a new shower curtain at TJMAXX. Yesterday was my first visit to the store. Where else but Oklahoma (and a few other places) will you be greated with 'Hello honey'? I love it! =) The towels were on sale and of great quality. I have bought all my towels at Kohl's before and the Martex Luxor collection is fanstastic. I think it is worth paying a bit extra for good quality towels. The towels were on sale for $6.99 each (instead of $13.99)!

The boys are napping right now but will probably wake up soon. This afternoon (post nap) we will go to the bank and the post office (with an order of two sets of push pins). This weekend we will work on new push pins for the holiday season! =) Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:17 PM , Blogger Serena said...

    I am trying to channel your energy so I can try and be productive this weekend too Marie! There's so much around here that I need to do also. Hope you get everything done that you want to.

    I love getting towels at Kohl's also and try to wait until they have a white sale so I can look for sheets and towels and I believe I have a couple of big thick Martex Luxor bath towels too.

    I hope you ladies continue pulling in orders!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home