SwedeThing

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog! I live far away from some of you (I miss you!) and it can be difficult to stay in touch at times. This blog is my attempt to keep you up-to-date with my life here in Oklahoma.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

MAMMA MIA
Curt and Connie (C's mom and dad) saw 'Mamma Mia' the other day and LOVED it! Carson grew up listening to ABBA since Curt and Connie liked the music. Carson recalls his family driving through Europe in their VW van listening to ABBA back in the day. When Carson and I started dating in 1999 he showed me his ABBA collection. That was definitely a plus in my book. =)

Some of you may not know what ABBA stands for... I often take for granted that people know this (Swedes know, of course). The name "ABBA" is an acronym formed from the first letters of each of the group member's given name (Agnetha, Björn, Benny, Anni-Frid). Did you know that all four of the former members of ABBA were present at the Stockholm premieres of both the musical (2005) and the film (2008)? The film premiere took place at the Benny Andersson-owned Rival theatre at Mariatorget, Stockholm on 4 July 2008. =)

1 Comments:

  • At 7:14 PM , Blogger Serena said...

    I never knew that's what the band's name meant so that was a very interesting bit of trivia to learn. I always liked ABBA when their music was current and I'd love to see the movie. : )

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home