WHAT A SMALL WORLD
The boys and I went to Andrews Park this afternoon. The park is located right by the Norman Public Library and I always wanted to take the boys there. Today we finally went. We stayed there for over an hour and the boys had a great time. Half way through our visit a couple walked in (to the fenced-in area of the playground) with a little boy. The woman and I ended up talking. She first asked how old Max was (her boy was the same age). After about five minutes she asked me where I was from (some people hesitate to ask but I do not mind at all). I explained that I live in Norman but that I originally come from Sweden. She responded 'Are you kidding?' (with a big smile on her face). I said 'No'. Then she exclaimed 'I come from Norway'. I thought that was the best thing. I spoke Swedish and she spoke Norwegian from then on. She lives in OKC but came down to Norman today for an appointment. She has never been to the park before but decided to go today. I had planned to go to a different park today but changed my mind. We exchanged information and both agreed that we must keep in touch! She seemed very nice. I never expected to meet a fellow Scandinavian at the playground!
The boys and I went to Andrews Park this afternoon. The park is located right by the Norman Public Library and I always wanted to take the boys there. Today we finally went. We stayed there for over an hour and the boys had a great time. Half way through our visit a couple walked in (to the fenced-in area of the playground) with a little boy. The woman and I ended up talking. She first asked how old Max was (her boy was the same age). After about five minutes she asked me where I was from (some people hesitate to ask but I do not mind at all). I explained that I live in Norman but that I originally come from Sweden. She responded 'Are you kidding?' (with a big smile on her face). I said 'No'. Then she exclaimed 'I come from Norway'. I thought that was the best thing. I spoke Swedish and she spoke Norwegian from then on. She lives in OKC but came down to Norman today for an appointment. She has never been to the park before but decided to go today. I had planned to go to a different park today but changed my mind. We exchanged information and both agreed that we must keep in touch! She seemed very nice. I never expected to meet a fellow Scandinavian at the playground!

1 Comments:
At 12:06 PM ,
Anonymous said...
That is so cool! I made a wonderful friend years ago before I got married that was temping where I worked and it turned out she grew up in Bronx, NY which is not far from where I grew up in Queens, NY. We became very good friends because of all we had in common being familiar growing up in the same place, etc. I hope this grows into something nice for you. : )
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home