SwedeThing

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog! I live far away from some of you (I miss you!) and it can be difficult to stay in touch at times. This blog is my attempt to keep you up-to-date with my life here in Oklahoma.

Thursday, September 27, 2007

PUMPKINS
Max and I are at home today. Since John, Malin and Jonathan left for Houston yesterday afternoon we are staying home. We have had a good day so far. We took care of a few things this morning (including going to the gas station, the bank and buying pumpkins). Every year they have a pumpkin sale by the mall (under a big tent). This year was no different. But instead of opening on October 1st they opened early. I let Max walk around among the pumpkins and he had a wonderful time. He kept waving to people and saying 'hi'. Those moments are pricelless. We bought three pumpkins for the yard: one big and two smaller ones. Max was holding the smallest pumpkin in the car on our way back home. He loved it. When we came back to the house we placed them in the front yard. Photos are coming soon...

5 Comments:

  • At 5:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It sounds like you and Max had fun getting pumpkins today -- I can't wait until we get ours! Do you think he'll enjoy getting to see them when they are turned into jack-o-lanterns? I look forward to pictures. :)

     
  • At 7:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I think so! Last year we never did anything with the pumpkins. I think we will carve them this year (although I am not sure)... When I was a student at OU (and carved my very first pumpkin) someone stole it from outside our apartment. That made me so upset! My poor lite pumpkin friend...

     
  • At 8:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I hate it when that happens! You put all that work and love into carving your pumpkin and then someone takes it and/or smashes it in the street! (that happened to us once). I think you should be safe putting it in front of your house. I just love how they look when they're done and you put a candle in them and they smell so good too. Plus we always save the seeds and bake them in the oven with salt and butter until they're golden (delicious!). Jacque put a string of little white twinkle lights in her pumpkins one year and they looked so pretty! : )

     
  • At 10:17 PM , Blogger Jacque said...

    I went to that place today Marie!! I got some yummy squash! I am so picky about my squash and these were very ripe and sweet...so I'll be going back soon to get some more! I also got some little baby dried corns and mini pumpkins. I didn't get our big pumpkins yet though.

     
  • At 8:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yummy! One year (when we lived in Apple Creek) Carson and I bought a big hay bale... We never did that again. We had hay everywhere in the car and around our apartment. =)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home