SwedeThing

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog! I live far away from some of you (I miss you!) and it can be difficult to stay in touch at times. This blog is my attempt to keep you up-to-date with my life here in Oklahoma.

Friday, August 17, 2007

MOVIE NIGHT
This evening Malin and I are going to Victoria's house to watch a Swedish movie! Asa will also be there. She is also Swedish and lives in Moore (north of Norman). The movie we are watching is called 'Kopps' (Swedish version of 'Cops'). It is a comedy that came out in 2003. I have heard good things about this movie so I am looking forward to seeing it. I looked online for a description of the movie and this is what I found:
Police officer Benny is obsessed with American police cliches and livens up his own boring everyday life with dreams of duels with bad guys. But poor Benny and his colleagues do not have much to do in the small town of Högboträsk. Most of their days are spent drinking coffee, eating waffles and chasing down stray cows. Peace and quiet is the dream of every politician but for the Swedish authorities, the lack of crooks is reason to close the local police station. When the cops investigate a suspected act of vandalism, they realize that they themselves may be able to raise the crime statistics high enough to stay in business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home