PROJECTS
I finished a project last week. I made a slip-cover for our Danish chair (bought at Dane Design in Oklahoma City). The fabric on the chair was not in the best of shape anymore. It looked kind of dingy too. I bought the fabric at Hobby Lobby and both Carson and I are happy with the color. The chair is now in Max's room and the fabric works well with the blue color on the walls in there. 

I now have another chair project. This chair is an old chair that Carson had before we ever met. I always liked the chair but it could actually use some love and attention. I bought a different kind of fabric for the chair (also at Hobby Lobby). If you have a coupon (40% off coupon) you can buy some pretty cool fabrics there for a pretty good price. I had seen the fabric before and decided to get it. I will post another picture when the project is done. Carson and I will be working on the actual chair too. Strip the old stain off etc.


4 Comments:
At 8:37 AM ,
Jacque said...
You did a great job on that slipcover! I tried to make a slipcover before, but it was a disaster.
At 8:45 AM ,
Marie Wiens said...
Oh thank you! I had never done a slipcover before but I pretended to be a pro! I have only seen people on TV make them! It really did not take as long as I thought it would which was great!
At 12:45 PM ,
Serena said...
Very nice Marie! I always admire people that can sew, as I have always been rather inept in that dept. It turned out great! : )
At 8:41 AM ,
Malin said...
YOu should see the picture of the cushion for the chair in the bottom picture. It is very nice!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home