WOW!
It has been FOREVER since I posted anything on my little blog. I guess the right explanation would be that I am on vacation from my blog... Sorry! Everything is going well with everyone. We are busy as always (with all kinds of stuff). Doing things around the house... and in the yard...
Max is growing like a little weed. =) He had his appointment with his eye doctor today (at the Gabella Eye Clinic here in Norman). The doctor was super kind and I liked him a lot. The nurse gave Max eye drops (his pupils got very large) so the doctor could see what was wrong. The verdict: Max will need surgery within the next month.
His right eye is normal but his left eye is not. The muscles behind his eye need to be adjusted. His problem is not so much a vision problem as it is a muscle problem. His right eye is moving well but not his left eye. Apparently when his left eye is trying to adjust (move with his right eye) he sees two images of everything. Instead his brain sends a signal to his left eye and it 'shuts down'.
He will need surgery because if his left eye is left untreatd he can go blind on that eye. Apparently the surgery is not too uncommon. The doctor told us that he does about 15 of them a week (he did 5 this morning). I am a bit nervous... but the doctor knows what he is doing. =) I have complete faith in him. Well... I just wanted to keep you up-to-date on Max and his little eye. =) Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
It has been FOREVER since I posted anything on my little blog. I guess the right explanation would be that I am on vacation from my blog... Sorry! Everything is going well with everyone. We are busy as always (with all kinds of stuff). Doing things around the house... and in the yard...
Max is growing like a little weed. =) He had his appointment with his eye doctor today (at the Gabella Eye Clinic here in Norman). The doctor was super kind and I liked him a lot. The nurse gave Max eye drops (his pupils got very large) so the doctor could see what was wrong. The verdict: Max will need surgery within the next month.
His right eye is normal but his left eye is not. The muscles behind his eye need to be adjusted. His problem is not so much a vision problem as it is a muscle problem. His right eye is moving well but not his left eye. Apparently when his left eye is trying to adjust (move with his right eye) he sees two images of everything. Instead his brain sends a signal to his left eye and it 'shuts down'.
He will need surgery because if his left eye is left untreatd he can go blind on that eye. Apparently the surgery is not too uncommon. The doctor told us that he does about 15 of them a week (he did 5 this morning). I am a bit nervous... but the doctor knows what he is doing. =) I have complete faith in him. Well... I just wanted to keep you up-to-date on Max and his little eye. =) Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

4 Comments:
At 9:34 AM ,
Victoria and Mark said...
Nämen, stackars Max! Och stackers dig. Egentligen nog mest stackars dig, när jag tänker efter. Men vilken tur att det är ett så vanligt ingrepp. 15 i veckan. Då vet är han ju ganska tränad. Säg till så fort du vet vilken dag det blir. Kram
At 2:48 PM ,
Serena said...
I'm glad that the problem with little Max's eye can be fixed without too much trouble. How was it discovered that there was a problem with the way his eye was focusing? You certainly couldn't tell by seeing his beautiful blue eyes in photos. Hope everything goes well with the procedure... : )
It was nice to hear from you again. I was wondering if you were just super busy (as I know this time of year and outside projects can consume your time) or if anything was wrong.
At 3:27 PM ,
Anonymous said...
I am just fine! I just got a little lazy and took a long break from my blog... I may take another break...
About Max's eye... When he was younger he squinted a bit (but that is normal in little babies). I really did not notice much until a couple of months ago. But I see him every day and did not really 'see' it. I feel bad. I really do not know when his eye condition began.
At 9:53 PM ,
Serena said...
Glad to hear you are doing okay Marie. :) Nothing wrong with taking a break from the blog -- there are so many things to do outside this time of year and you need to make the most of it. I find myself spending a lot time standing outside chatting with the neighbors because we're all outside working in our gardens and yards or sitting outside.
You shouldn't feel bad about not noticing Max's eye. I think when you are with someone every day, little things like that can go unnoticed, but someone who only sees a person occasionally might pick up on it. The important thing is it will be taken care of. :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home