SwedeThing

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog! I live far away from some of you (I miss you!) and it can be difficult to stay in touch at times. This blog is my attempt to keep you up-to-date with my life here in Oklahoma.

Monday, May 05, 2008

NATTI NATTI 'OLDPADDA'! (Night Night 'urtle')
We have a new pet... Yes... We already have three cats so what difference does one more pet do? Carson called me this morning and told me that he had found a baby turtle (a red eared slider) crossing the road up at the base. He was so afraid that it would get killed that he picked it up and took it to his office. The turtle (we call him 'Skalman' after a Swedish story book character) is about one inch across and very cute. By the way... Skalman means 'Shell man' in English. Very appropriate. Carson had the very same kind of turtle when he was younger. Carson went to Petsmart over lunch (he did not even have lunch today because he was busy finding 'stuff' for his new friend). He bought a little home for him and some food. He also spoke to a woman there. We now have him in Max's room and Max seems very interested in him. Before he fell asleep he said goodnight to Skalman... He said 'Natti natti Oldpadda. Natti natti Skalman.) I thought that was so cute. By the way... this kind of turtle can live for a long time (up to 40 years) so if we end up keeping him he will hopefully keep us company into retirement.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:34 PM , Blogger Serena said...

    Turtle heroes to the rescue again! I hope Skalman is with you for awhile. I like that you named him after the Swedish fairytale character; very neat! Gives Max a nice little experience with a pet and protecting nature too. : )

     
  • At 8:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yes! I think we may keep Skalman for a while. Carson had him outside yesterday when I came home. He put his 'home' out in the sun so he would get some sunlight. He looks fine and seems happy. He is SO cute. Max likes him A LOT.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home