SwedeThing

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog! I live far away from some of you (I miss you!) and it can be difficult to stay in touch at times. This blog is my attempt to keep you up-to-date with my life here in Oklahoma.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

HELLO!

We have no power at home so we are staying with Malin and John for one more day! The power went out at 1:00 am Monday... The weather has been very cold here (below freezing). And rainy... The trees look like big cubes of ice. It has been kind of scary to be honest. I am so glad Carson is home and not deployed.

We went over to visit Malin (OU was closed) and Jonathan early yesterday morning (Monday). We did not intend to stay very long. Carson went to Home Depot and bought a generator (the last one at the store). I am glad we have one now. You never one. I probably would not worry as much if it was only Carson and me. But since we have Max we want to make sure he stays warm and not cold. Carson also bought a radiator at Walmart. John had bought fire wood the previous day so we had a fire going too. It was nice. We were able to make coffee and watch TV thanks to the generator... And heat food in the microwave.

Malin and John have a two-level house. We all made the decision to sleep on the first floor. The second floor was way too cold. John and Carson stayed on the couches in the living room (in front of the fire place). Malin and I and the boys stayed in the corner room on the first floor (with a fire place). The room was warm throughout the night and Jonathan and Max did very well. We woke up at six o'clock and we still had no power.

Malin and I took the boys for a ride this afternoon and ran some errands. When we came back home the power was back. Carson and I still have no power. So we will stay here one more night. It is wonderful to have power! You take it for granted every day. It is warm inside and the boys look happier. Hope everyone is doing well!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    We've been staying up-to-date by watching the news and reading all your blogs. When Jacque reported that you and Malin had no power, the first thing I thought was, "Oh no! What are they going to do with no power and babies to take care of!" I'm glad everything has been working out with the generator and fireplaces to keep warm at Malin's and I hope your power is restored soon. Yes, we sure do feel the pain when our power is not on, don't we?! (even if it is horribly expensive, it's sure nice to have!).

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home