KANSAS
This weekend went by rather quickly but we had a wonderful time in Kansas. It was a very relaxing weekend and I think all of us enjoyed it very much. It was different from our last visit. We had a good time then too but it was a bit overwhelming (with 11 people under one roof). We left Norman on Friday afternoon (at about 4:30) and arrived at 8:00. There was some construction work on the way which delayed us quite a bit. Carson drove the whole way which was good. Otherwise we probably would have arrived at 9:00... We had dinner and then we put Max to sleep. He was awake most of the time in the car but did really well. I am so glad he does not mind traveling. After dinner Connie and I spent some time in the kitchen watching HGTV (which we usually do) and Carson and Curt watched TV in the basement. I am glad they got some quality time together.
The following morning we got up at about 7:30. Connie and Max got up a bit before the rest of us. It was fun for Connie to go in and see Max the first thing in the morning. He is usually in a very good mood when he wakes up (he did not get that after me). Connie and Curt both enjoyed spending time with Max. On Saturday Connie, Max and I went looking for a chair for the living room. We went to a couple of places including one furniture store in a town called Peabody (about 20 minutes away from Hillsboro). She ended up buying a chair that she first saw in Hillsboro. On our way back from Peabody I saw something exciting. I saw cotton fileds for the first time in my life. I jumped out of the car and got some cotton. I had never seen plants like that before (only in photographs). I thought they only grew in the South.
Carson and Curt stayed home watching the OU game. The Sooners won over Iowa State which was great! In the evening we went out for dinner with 'Grandma Pearl'. That is the name she goes by. She is very close to Curt and Connie and kind of like a mother figure. We went to a town called Marion (which is also the town where Carson and I got our marriage license back in 2002). It was a nice restaurant and I had the grilled chicken dinner. I liked it a lot.
We went to church Sunday morning and Max did very well. He actually sat still in the pew for almost half an hour. Then Max and I walked into the nursery so he could play for a little bit. We left to go back home after the church service (about 12:30). All in all, we had a very good weekend. Hope you all had a good weekend too.
This weekend went by rather quickly but we had a wonderful time in Kansas. It was a very relaxing weekend and I think all of us enjoyed it very much. It was different from our last visit. We had a good time then too but it was a bit overwhelming (with 11 people under one roof). We left Norman on Friday afternoon (at about 4:30) and arrived at 8:00. There was some construction work on the way which delayed us quite a bit. Carson drove the whole way which was good. Otherwise we probably would have arrived at 9:00... We had dinner and then we put Max to sleep. He was awake most of the time in the car but did really well. I am so glad he does not mind traveling. After dinner Connie and I spent some time in the kitchen watching HGTV (which we usually do) and Carson and Curt watched TV in the basement. I am glad they got some quality time together.
The following morning we got up at about 7:30. Connie and Max got up a bit before the rest of us. It was fun for Connie to go in and see Max the first thing in the morning. He is usually in a very good mood when he wakes up (he did not get that after me). Connie and Curt both enjoyed spending time with Max. On Saturday Connie, Max and I went looking for a chair for the living room. We went to a couple of places including one furniture store in a town called Peabody (about 20 minutes away from Hillsboro). She ended up buying a chair that she first saw in Hillsboro. On our way back from Peabody I saw something exciting. I saw cotton fileds for the first time in my life. I jumped out of the car and got some cotton. I had never seen plants like that before (only in photographs). I thought they only grew in the South.
Carson and Curt stayed home watching the OU game. The Sooners won over Iowa State which was great! In the evening we went out for dinner with 'Grandma Pearl'. That is the name she goes by. She is very close to Curt and Connie and kind of like a mother figure. We went to a town called Marion (which is also the town where Carson and I got our marriage license back in 2002). It was a nice restaurant and I had the grilled chicken dinner. I liked it a lot.
We went to church Sunday morning and Max did very well. He actually sat still in the pew for almost half an hour. Then Max and I walked into the nursery so he could play for a little bit. We left to go back home after the church service (about 12:30). All in all, we had a very good weekend. Hope you all had a good weekend too.

1 Comments:
At 10:40 PM ,
Anonymous said...
Now that was a busy visit, but it sounded like you had fun and covered a lot of ground while you were there. What a little trooper Max is -- a great little "port-a-baby" as my sister-in-law used to refer to Brenna when she was a baby and we took her everywhere with us! :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home