KANSAS
We are going to Kansas in two weeks! I am very excited about going since we have not been there in a very long time. Too long. I feel kind of bad about that. We are going there (Hillsboro) for the 37th (I think) Annual Crafts and Arts Fair. It should be so much fun! We have never been to it before. Close to 400 artists and craftsmen are selected by a committee of judges. They come from all over the country to display and sell their one of a kind creations. The fair is rated among the top 100 arts and crafts shows in the country in several categories. How cool is that! I have a feeling that this is right up my alley! 'Local food and hometown hospitality add flavor to this already spectacular event. There is something for every appetite. Everything from Hillsboro's famous smoked sausage, zwieback and bierocks to kettle corn, roasted almonds, fresh squeezed lemonade and funnel cakes'. That does sound pretty good! Anyway, Hillsboro is about 200 miles north of Oklahoma City. The population is about 2900 and it is a very charming town. Very 'small town America'.


Which I love about it.



Which I love about it.
3 Comments:
At 5:02 PM ,
Anonymous said...
The photos and description reminds me very much of Appleton and the surrounding areas. We have a huge art fair here in Appleton that's well attended and has a lot of similar things as the one you blogged about. Have tons of fun and I hope the weather is great! : )
At 8:04 PM ,
Jacque said...
I hope you have a great time Marie!
At 8:54 AM ,
Anonymous said...
Thank you both! I hope the weather is great. I would be so sad if it rained...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home