NAME'S DAY CELEBRATIONSwedes like to celebrate. So with a Name's Day Calendar you can celebrate not only your "birth" day but your "name" day as well! Today there are so many new names and a calendar can't possibly list all names. Some traditional names listed reflect old Norse culture (such as Torun) and other names are simply new modern names. Most calendars for sale in Sweden have these names listed next to each date. I used to have a name's day (February 28) but for some reason my name is no longer listed. Malin's name's day is on December 10. And today is John's name's day. Both Malin and I have very cool (we think so) calendars (sold by scouts in Sweden). We get them for Christmas. For as long as I remember we have had these. Growing up it was always fun to "peel off the dates" For every new month we put a new sticker up.
Here it is:

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home