As some of you may know I am a big Disney fan. I really like Mickey Mouse and when we went to Disney World (in 1998) I had my picture taken next to him. Malin and I used to subscribe to a 'Donald Duck Magazine' in Sweden. We used to fight over who should read it first. We got the magazine in the mail box every Friday. I think that was my favorite part of the weekend. In Sweden we have other names for some of the characters. Carson finds this very interesting and likes to make fun of our Swedish names (in a very kind way). I guess the idea of renaming characters is interesting. It is the same with some Swedish story book characters. Pippi Langstrump is 'Pippi Longstocking' in English and Alfons Aberg is 'Alfie Atkins' (You can actually buy this book in the US). Here are some examples:Donald Duck: Kalle Anka
Mickey Mouse: Musse Pigg
Daisy: Kajsa
Goofy: Langben (which means someone with long legs)
Chip & Dale: Piff & Puff
Huey, Dewey & Louie: Knatte, Fnatte & Tjatte

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home