SwedeThing

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog! I live far away from some of you (I miss you!) and it can be difficult to stay in touch at times. This blog is my attempt to keep you up-to-date with my life here in Oklahoma.

Friday, July 28, 2006

When I met Carson in 1999 he introduced me to Christian music. He played Michael W Smith and Steven Curtis Chapman for me in the car. And when I went back home to Sweden that summer he made a tape for me with music by Steven Curtis Chapman. I liked the music very much. Listening to the music made me think of Carson and I played it over and over. We also chose one of Steven's songs ("I will be here") to be played at our wedding in 2002. I have listened to more Christian music over the years and I often listen to K-LOVE on the radio (88.9). When Carson was deployed last year (2004 through 2005) to Uzbekistan he often listened to Mark Schultz. I had never heard of him until then. His album "Stories & Songs" is phenomenal. There is a song on there called "Letters from War" that I love with my whole heart. It makes me cry every time but I love it. There is a video that goes to the song and that too is great. For you who know Mark and his music you may want to know that his new album "Broken & Beautiful" is coming out on Septemeber 26. I am very excited. I went to a website today and found out that if you preorder his album you will get an autographed copy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home