SwedeThing

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog! I live far away from some of you (I miss you!) and it can be difficult to stay in touch at times. This blog is my attempt to keep you up-to-date with my life here in Oklahoma.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Mouse in the house!
Yesterday morning I woke up at 4:30 because of something I heard in the hallway. First I thought Lasse and Benny were playing (they often do) but then I saw them sitting outside of Max's room. I had a feeling that perhaps they were looking at a fly or rollie pollie on the floor. Lasse is a very good hunter inside. He catches flies with his paw, bites their legs off and leave them there. Poor flies. Back to my story. I opened the door, changed Max and fed him. I was sitting on the chair in his bedroom and the cats sat in front of his closet. They were staring and sniffing. The cats finally left the room but again I heard something coming from the closet. But I was too scared to look in there. When I came back home in the afternoon I saw traces of a mouse in Max's bedroom. Not much but enough to know there had been a mouse in there. I went to kitchen and, by chance, saw a mouse run over the kitchen floor. I was so happy to finally see it. It was really cute (dark grey). It ran from under the fridge to the washer by the kitchen. I locked the cats in the bedroom. I then opened the door, put a char on the kitchen floor, sat down and put my feet up. I decided to wait and see if he would go outside. Sure enough. After a couple minutes, the mouse emerged and looked around. He moved slowly over the threshhold and took off running. He was safe! I really did not want to see the mouse dead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home