SwedeThing

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog! I live far away from some of you (I miss you!) and it can be difficult to stay in touch at times. This blog is my attempt to keep you up-to-date with my life here in Oklahoma.

Saturday, January 05, 2008

2008
A new year is here and I feel excited about 2008. When I was younger I was 'sad' when one year ended and another began... For some reason it was a bit difficult to part with one year and bond with a new... But now I feel different. You never know what a new year may bring.

Right now I am sitting by the computer at Malin's house. Today is a pretty day. Not too cold which is good. Max and Jonathan are taking a nap which is VERY relaxing. Malin is working on a project in the kitchen (not an actual kitchen project but a project 'executed' in the kitchen...) She is turning an IKEA Lazy Susan into a wall clock. It will look GREAT!

I am working on a project too. My drapes for the living room are a bit too long so I need to sew today. I love our sewing machine. We have used it SO MUCH since we bought it last January. Mom and dad, thank you again!

Last night Carson and I went out to eat. ALL ALONE! It was great to have some alone time. We went to Victoria's on Campus Corner. I had Shrimp Scampi and Carson had Lasagna Rolls. We also had some mushroom caps and cheese bread. It was GREAT! We then went for a drive on campus. We parked the car on South Oval and went into the building where Carson took his architecture classes. It was fun walking around and going into the studios. I am glad the doors were open.

I believe I never mentioned that Carson is taking classes again. With AMU (American Military University). I am very proud of him. He has been working very hard.

Malin and Jacque went to Dallas Thursday to pick up Lilly (Jacque's daughter) from the airport. On their way home they went to IKEA! Malin bought two doors for me (for our IKEA BILLY bookcase). I was so glad when she called and told me they had them in stock. Last time we went they were out. She also bought me a gift! A GRONO table lamp which I really like! Thank you, Malin!

I will try to post more things on my blog from now on!

4 Comments:

  • At 11:13 PM , Blogger Serena said...

    Happy New Year Marie! I'm inspired by your optimism for the fresh year ahead of us. :)

    Sounds like you had a very nice day today and how great that you and Carson had a night out as a couple! Carson deserves a pat on the back for taking classes.

    I read about Malin's Lazy Susan wall clock on her blog and it sounds like a great project. I can't wait to see it when she's done.

    She mentioned finding the doors at IKEA for your bookcase. I love IKEA! I use my little red cutting board and red measuring spoons from there all the time and I love them. I also bought a package of those different-sized bag clips and they come in really handy. My dish towels are hanging in my kitchen and my little stainless steel utensil holder is on my counter, so I have IKEA stuff at my fingertips all over the kitchen!

    I look forward to reading more things on your blog and check it every day when I do my daily blog check. : )

     
  • At 1:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    How nice to hear from you, Serena! Now I am going to read your blog! =)

     
  • At 4:31 PM , Blogger Jacque said...

    I thought you were going to say:

    "We parked the car on South Oval and made out."

     
  • At 12:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yeah right! In the 'passion pit'! Ha ha! You are funny! =)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home