KATRINA
I cannot believe Katrina 'happened' two years ago. August 29, 2005. The day before mom and dad came to visit us all the way from Swedeland. It was not until I visited Jacque's blog this morning that I realized that today is the two-year anniversary of Katrina. Anniversary seems to be a bad word to use. Anniversary is a happy word and Katrina is not. I still feel very sad about what happened. Malin and I are glad that Jacque moved here after Katrina. But we are not glad about what happened, of course. The truth is that Norman is a very happy and cool place since Jacque and her family moved here.
I cannot believe Katrina 'happened' two years ago. August 29, 2005. The day before mom and dad came to visit us all the way from Swedeland. It was not until I visited Jacque's blog this morning that I realized that today is the two-year anniversary of Katrina. Anniversary seems to be a bad word to use. Anniversary is a happy word and Katrina is not. I still feel very sad about what happened. Malin and I are glad that Jacque moved here after Katrina. But we are not glad about what happened, of course. The truth is that Norman is a very happy and cool place since Jacque and her family moved here.

5 Comments:
At 9:39 AM ,
Anonymous said...
I agree with you on all points. Katrina was a horrible tragic event, but it did bring Jacque to Norman and allowed you all to become friends (and I feel like I have new friends too in a way because we have come to know one another through our blogs). Fate is a funny thing. I do plan on getting to Norman, I really do! : )
At 11:31 AM ,
Anonymous said...
Good! Malin and I are looking forward to meeting you, Serena! Please bring yourself down here! =)
At 12:49 PM ,
Jacque said...
Aw, you are very sweet Marie.
At 1:06 PM ,
Anonymous said...
Yes she is! And I will bring myself down there as soon as I am able. : )
At 3:04 PM ,
Anonymous said...
Hi hi!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home