SwedeThing

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog! I live far away from some of you (I miss you!) and it can be difficult to stay in touch at times. This blog is my attempt to keep you up-to-date with my life here in Oklahoma.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

SPIDER
When Malin and I took the boys for a walk last Friday we saw the biggest spider I have EVER seen in my whole life. It was crawling on the sidewalk right in front of me. Malin did not see it at first but then it was IMPOSSIBLE not to see it. I had goosebumps all over. It was HUGE. It was about 2.5 inches long (approximately 6.5 cm). The body was big too. I am not kidding. I wish I had had a camera with me! In Sweden we do not have any big spiders. At leastI have never seen any. What we consider big in Sweden is small here in Oklahoma.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:56 PM , Blogger Serena said...

    I have major arachnaphobia so I know just how you feel Marie! Spiders totally gross me out. We have mostly small ones here in a few varieties, but sometimes you'll see a really big fat one. I just got a shiver thinking about them! If Scott hears me scream somewhere in the house he very nonchalantly asks, "Where's the spider?" : )

     
  • At 2:41 PM , Blogger Marie Wiens said...

    Ha ha,that is funny! I was never really afraid of spiders before (I never killed a single one) but here I feel I have to kill them. I never know if they are bad or not.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home