WEEKEND
Carson and I had a very productive weekend despite the rain on Friday. It kept pouring down. Saturday morning we got up early (we usually do) and went to the Medieval Fair. The ground was a bit muddy but not as bad as I thought it would be. It was pretty easy pushing the stroller on the ground. Max had a great time at the fair. He was very excited and kept swinging his legs back and forth in excitement. He saw some animals (including an elephant and some dogs) which he seemed to like. But I think the elephant was too big for him to see. He seemed more excited about the smaller animals. We bought two funnel cakes and a large lemonade. God! It is so expensive there. We paid $5 for a lemonade in a large plastic cup and the refill ONLY cost $3. Wow! In the evening Malin and I went out with Kim. We went to Chili's where I had steak fajita quesadillas. Great! I also had a Bud Light. We then went to The Library (which is not an actual library but a pub) and sat there for a while. I ordered a Spaten Oktoberfest which was very tasty (an Amber). A great evening! On Sunday we got up early yet again and went to Lowe's. Carson is working on a raised bed for the vegetable garden in the backyard. He bought a lot of landscaping timbers and some soil (manure). He got A LOT done on Sunday and I was so proud of him. I finished 'building' the flowerbeds in the backyard (with the pavers we bought some time ago). Now the only thing missing are the plants. I am very excited about this. We have so many projects going and I am very excited about everything.
Carson and I had a very productive weekend despite the rain on Friday. It kept pouring down. Saturday morning we got up early (we usually do) and went to the Medieval Fair. The ground was a bit muddy but not as bad as I thought it would be. It was pretty easy pushing the stroller on the ground. Max had a great time at the fair. He was very excited and kept swinging his legs back and forth in excitement. He saw some animals (including an elephant and some dogs) which he seemed to like. But I think the elephant was too big for him to see. He seemed more excited about the smaller animals. We bought two funnel cakes and a large lemonade. God! It is so expensive there. We paid $5 for a lemonade in a large plastic cup and the refill ONLY cost $3. Wow! In the evening Malin and I went out with Kim. We went to Chili's where I had steak fajita quesadillas. Great! I also had a Bud Light. We then went to The Library (which is not an actual library but a pub) and sat there for a while. I ordered a Spaten Oktoberfest which was very tasty (an Amber). A great evening! On Sunday we got up early yet again and went to Lowe's. Carson is working on a raised bed for the vegetable garden in the backyard. He bought a lot of landscaping timbers and some soil (manure). He got A LOT done on Sunday and I was so proud of him. I finished 'building' the flowerbeds in the backyard (with the pavers we bought some time ago). Now the only thing missing are the plants. I am very excited about this. We have so many projects going and I am very excited about everything.

1 Comments:
At 2:03 PM ,
Jacque said...
Sounds like you had a great weekend! And many more to come with all the gardening you get to do. The Farmers Market begins this weekend, so you can stock up on plants!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home