SwedeThing

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog! I live far away from some of you (I miss you!) and it can be difficult to stay in touch at times. This blog is my attempt to keep you up-to-date with my life here in Oklahoma.

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

OUR HOUSE
This area already looks different. We now have elephant ears growing there too. This is what you see when you stand on our patio. It does not look like much now but hopefully hard work will pay off one day.









This is at the back of the house. We have lamb's ears and a pretty ground cover growing here too. They are not in the picture. To the right is our veggie garden. Carson calls it 'Max's Garden'.






The front of the house. I put one more hanging basket out on the porch yesterday. With marygolds (tagetes in Swedish). And I made a bird bath that I will put somewhere in this area. I made it out of a big clay pot and a big saucer. Then I painted them both and put three coats of polyurethane on them.




We now have corn growing in the backyard. I never knew exactly how fast it grows. It grows FAST.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:58 PM , Blogger Serena said...

    Your hard work is definitely paying off -- it's looking really great! Yes, corn does grow very fast! When we used to put dried corn cobs out for the squirrels they would bury the kernals all over our yard in the fall and corn plants were sprouting everywhwere in spring! We just kept cutting them down when we mowed the lawn. :)

     
  • At 10:38 AM , Blogger Marie Wiens said...

    That is so funny. I will have to tell Carson that story!

     
  • At 9:46 AM , Blogger Jacque said...

    Marie, I love your garden! It looks great.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home