SwedeThing

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog! I live far away from some of you (I miss you!) and it can be difficult to stay in touch at times. This blog is my attempt to keep you up-to-date with my life here in Oklahoma.

Monday, May 07, 2007

THE WEEKEND
Max is now a year old and officially a big boy. He really looks like a big boy now. Curt and Connie came down Friday before noon. Carson put balloons on the porch for Max, he also decorated the inside of our house with balloons and garlands. Max was a very happy birthday boy. He is walking now. I stopped counting his steps. Now he walks from one side of a room to the other. He looks so cute doing it. In the evening we went to New York Pizza (where Carson had been in advance to decorate and drop off a cake). Max walked into the restaurant holding Curt's hand. He looked so happy and proud. He got some very nice gifts. I will take some photos of them and post them on my blog. Curt and Connie left yesterday after lunch. In the morning we went to church (Northeast Baptist Church in the neighborhood) and after the service we went for lunch at IHOP. This is the International House of Pancakes (some of you may not have seen this abbreviation before). They actually have Swedish pancakes in there. But I had a burger. Malin watched Max while we were at church but we picked him up before lunch so Curt and Connie could spend some more time with him before going back home. Today has been such a rainy day. Apparently we will have rain all week. This is the time of year I fear the most. I will NEVER get used to the tornado warnings. I get so nervous that I often end up watching HGTV instead. There is so much weather info on the other stations. Don't get me wrong. I still keep myself informed.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:31 PM , Blogger Serena said...

    I look forward to seeing pictures of Max's birthday celebration. It seems like yesterday when my kids were turning a year old and now Brenna's the same age as Lilly and Griffin is 11! Time sure goes by quickly!!

    I love that you went to IHOP and had a burger. : )

    I share your fear about tornados and have nightmares about them sometimes. We get warnings here every so often, but being down in the valley not many ever touch down, thank goodness!:)But when I hear those sirens go off it always freaks me out a little! I hope you don't have any tornado trouble this year in OK.

     
  • At 5:49 PM , Blogger Serena said...

    Hi again, Marie! What a nice thought of sharing plants with you. : )

    I've been wanting to comment back to the comments you make on my blog, but wasn't sure if you'd know to go and check my replies. I thought I'd mention that if you leave a comment on my blog and I want to reply, I'll just leave one on mine too like you, Malin and Jacque do. Sometimes I email Jacque in response to her comments, but I don't have an email address for you and Malin. It's been fun chatting with you both -- kind of like having new Pen Pals! :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home